Wednesday 18 July 2012

TWO WEDDING DRESSES!! WELL KATE DID!!


I fell in love with a wedding dress I was not looking for and was not at all like what I had been swooning over in the bridal mags. I now know this to be quite a common thing amongst brides. I had visions of buying the slinky vintage lace number, the page I'd torn out of Brides & was now dog eared and falling to bits... This was not going to happen as only being 5ft tall these dresses did nothing for me and I realised that as soon as I'd tried the first one on. However, what I ended up with was another story altogether. I fell for the ultimate swishy number (by swishy I mean like when you move it swishes... (like the one in runaway bride with Julia Roberts when shes trying "the one" on in front of Richard Gere). However  I was  a two faced bride to be, I loved my dress... it was fit for cinders walking down the aisle and I realised I wanted that full on church/dress/veil/bling combo.... although did I? The other part of me still wanted something truly vintage and different, something classic and fitted, that I could move in without getting my shoes stuck in all the netting (yes that did really happen). Could I really be that cheeky and have both?? Well Kate did it! so why not. I got to thinking back of when I was little, going to family weddings and all the brides used to get changed in the evening, it was always as big an event as the church dress... "ooh whats she going to change into... the suspense!" As luck would have it, my sister decided to embark on a new business... hiring out vintage dresses, so Truly Vintage Bridal Hire was born, and you've guessed it she had a fab little number that was everything you could wish for in a vintage wedding dress. Perfect for the evening, glamorous and truly stunning and I could finally show off my shoes. I was very lucky to have the best of both worlds/dresses! I would highly recommend hiring a second dress for your big day, lets face it, it's so hard with all that choice out there, having a different look for the evening is great, after all that's when you'd normally get all glammed up and theres nothing like a vintage dress to make you feel bridal special! Go on, you deserve it! Dress hire from Truly Vintage Bridal Hire starts from just £70.00 http://vintagebridalhire.blogspot.co.uk  The dress I wore she has named 'Emma' and I am very honored. Plus I have to say my church dress is still as good as new!

No comments:

Post a Comment