Thursday 12 July 2012

To Choo or not to Choo...

Being a Choo fanatic (jimmy of course) it was obvious that when W day loomed I'd be out looking for the perfect pair of Jimmys. I had visions of photographing them with my bouquet and swooning over them slipping onto to my feet ready to cruise the aisle... I can tell you now this was one of a few things that did not go to plan!
After three shopping trips to Jimmys (not to mention all the other beautiful, eye watering expensive other shoe shops)I just did not find "the ones" being budget savy I even tried the outlets.
One thing I knew was that I was not prepared to spend the money on the name alone and not be totally in LOVE with them.
Getting despondent, with my smile turning to a frown, I just happened to be walking through Debenhams as a short cut to get into the shopping centre when I had the "ooooooo swoon" moment.
There on a pedal stool, stood the most exquisite pair of shoes I'd ever seen, It suddenly did not matter that these shoes where not designer, and it was great that they also didn't have that designer price tag!! Bonus that they fitted as perfectly as Cinderellas and were comfy too! It was LOVE at first sight and I had that moment when you know like the dress and the man "they are the ones"
I can honestly tell you that on the day they were very comfy and everyone thought I'd opted for the beautiful choos after all, I did put them right, that these beautiful shoes were indeed by Faith for Debenhams and they are Fab!
Now looking back I cant tell you how glad I am that I did not spend out big time on designer heels.. My heels did sink into the lawn at the church, they did get the occasional pimms spilt on them, and I did dance the night away... walked through gravel stones.... all the things you would cringe at in designer shoes, Yes they did get a bit wrecked.. does it matter? not as much as if they'd of been a pair of Jims ;o)
So the moral of the story ladies... follow your heart all the way, not the label. (and yes, unless your sitting down the whole time, they will get dirty!)

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment